The crypto crash has left wall street giants and retail investors alike asking themselves whether bitcoin really will stand the test of time (and tech).
Introduced to the world in 2008, Bitcoin becomes more outdated by the day as the 2nd and 3rd generation blockchains continue to innovate.
Many traders and analysts are now predicting Ethereum will continue to outperform bitcoin to the point where it will “flip” the market share.
Bestowing upon itself, what I have coined, “the crypto crown”.
Nobody can predict the future, especially not in the volatile landscape of crypto, however, looking toward the next 5 to 10 years there are a handful of clear contenders who may “flip” bitcoin for market share dominance.
But who are they? What are their objectives? And why might they one day inherit the crypto crown?
What is a 2nd / 3rd generation blockchain?
A first generation blockchain is merely a ledger recording data such as transactions with the ability to do little more.
Second generation blockchains introduced more functionality.
Rather than just being a form of currency, they could now become an ecosystem with which applications interact.
Third generation blockchains managed to solve the scalability issues of its predecessors by introducing alternatives to proof-of-work, such as proof-of-stake.
They also created an even wider array of functionality by adding cross chain solutions and developing more efficient and secure smart contracts.
- 3rd generation blockchain
- Founded by Charles Hoskinson, co-founder of Ethereum
- Most popular proof-of-stake blockchain
- Most scalable blockchain
- Has much broader focus than the fintech scope of many cryptocurrencies
- Already inked deals with African countries to begin integration with government and industry, adding a layer of legitimacy in an industry where it is seldom found
- 2nd generation blockchain
- Founded by Vitalik Buterin
- Has a head start on all other smart contract enabled blockchains so most businesses who have wanted to utilise blockchain before this year had to go with them
- Seen to have longevity and huge unrealised potential because of Ethereum 2.0. Which could solve its scalability issues and chronic high fees
- Most widely used blockchain for token creation and NFTs sales
- 3rd generation blockchain
- First to use proof-of-history
- Boasts very low fees
- Has the capability for the most transactions per second by far. (It is capable of 50,000 TPS which becomes even more impressive when compared to VISA’s 24,000 and Bitcoin’s 7!)
- 3rd generation
- Not truly decentralised
- Exceedingly more popular alternative to Ethereum for dapps because of its lower fees
- Cheaper than Ethereum with many of the same protocols and utilities
- 1st generation
- Elon Musk, a name synonymous with doge at this point, has stated he will dedicate his vast resources to improving Dogecoin into a 3rd generation blockchain
- Its meme status has given Doge extensive brand recognition and attention compared with some of its more worthy counterparts.
Two factors that must not be overlooked
- A refitted Gen 3 Dodge with increased functionality could become a major competitor
- Cute logo
Whilst it is too early to call who will come out victorious or if bitcoin will even be usurped at all.
We can safely say that blockchain world is paving the way toward the future and one, if not all these companies will be taking us there.
taurus judge sale
209429 524574This write-up contains excellent original thinking. The informational content material here proves that items arent so black and white. I feel smarter from just reading this. 711558
16029 425534Enjoyed examining this, quite good stuff, thanks . 889592
508487 88469There is clearly a great deal to know about this. I think you produced various very good points in functions also. 607445
257529 783681Yay google is my king helped me to locate this fantastic internet site ! . 220624
psilocybe cubensis california,
499450 331049Wow! This could be one particular with the most beneficial blogs Weve ever arrive across on this subject. Truly Fantastic. Im also an expert in this subject therefore I can comprehend your hard work. 239996
258357 139094How a lot of an significant content, keep on penning significant other 659829
52556 222381Of course like your internet site but you require to check the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling troubles and I uncover it very bothersome to tell the truth nevertheless Ill undoubtedly come back again. 694211
686997 862860Can I merely say exactly what a relief to get someone who really knows what theyre dealing with on the internet. You really know how to bring a difficulty to light and make it critical. The diet should see this and fully grasp this side on the story. I cant believe youre not a lot more common because you undoubtedly hold the gift. 37434
azure mushroom chocolate bar
532213 840167Id ought to verify with you here. Which isnt one thing I often do! I get pleasure from reading a put up that will make individuals believe. In addition, thanks for allowing me to comment! 498307
see this website
646476 559019I truly like reading by way of and I believe this website got some genuinely utilitarian stuff on it! . 836216
992298 81710Hi. Cool post. Theres an issue together with your web site in chrome, and you might want to test this The browser could be the marketplace chief and a excellent element of people will omit your outstanding writing because of this issue. 791149
228710 215718Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone! 63536
712129 202125Cheers for this exceptional. I was wondering whether you were planning of publishing similar posts to this. .Maintain up the excellent articles! 96579